Hand Heart Pocket Gala Evening
The Hand Heart Pocket Gala Evening is holding a gala evening with classical music and opera at Customs House on Friday 31 July 2015.
The Hand Heart Pocket Gala Evening raises funds for Alzheimer’s disease research at the Queensland Brain Institute at UQ, and the support services of Alzheimer’s Australia (Qld). Robyn Hilton, wife of the late the Honourable Peter Hilton, former Judge of the Family Court, is heavily involved in organising the event. It is a cause close to her heart, having established the Peter Hilton Research Fellowship in Peter’s honour
The musical program features:
- Soprano Natalie Peluso (an award winning singer and opera star. She has performed many lead roles such as ‘Susanna’ in Mozart’s ‘The Marriage of Figaro’ for Opera Australia and throughout Europe including The Royal Opera House, Covent Garden)
- Mezzo Soprano Mia Yaniw (a versatile performer and one of Australia’s most promising, young mezzo-sopranos. Living in Milan, Italy, she has performed in title theaters in Pisa, Lucca, Livorno and Novara)
- Tenor Jaewoo Kim (in an illustrious career he has sung principal roles in Europe, English National Opera, as well as Opera Australia. He has worked with acclaimed conductors, such as Richard Bonynge, Simone Young, Richard Hickox and Ed Gardner)
- Basso profundo David Hibbard (has performed as a principal for the English National Opera, and First Bass with the Bremen Stadts Theater)
- Baritone Shaun Brown (a Opera Queensland regular, who has also sung for OpÃ©ra de Lyon and at the New York at the Center for Contemporary Opera)
- Aditaya String Quartet (the quartet has won the Jani Haenke string quartet competition as well as having tied first in the 4MBS chamber music competition)
There will also be a special address by Alzheimer’s Australia National Ambassador Ita Buttrose AO, OBE.
Full details of the event can be found at www.qbi.uq.edu.au/gala.